Fax | (312) 332-8451
David J. Farina is a partner with extensive trial experience in Illinois State and Federal Courts and has further represented clients throughout the Midwest States of Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan. Mr. Farina received his Juris Doctorate from the John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois. He was born in Upstate New York (Schenectady) and received his undergraduate degree from the State University of New York at Plattsburgh. He graduated Summa Cum Laude and was the recipient of the Wojcik Award for Outstanding Graduating Senior in Political Science.
Mr. Farina has over 24 years of experience in the supervision, preparation and trial of commercial transportation, premises liability and products liability cases. He is regional counsel for various commercial trucking and busing (school busing and motor coach) transportation companies and insurance carriers, and as such, he has been admitted pro hac vice in several Midwest States including Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Missouri. He has further experience defending and trying medical malpractice, professional malpractice and propane explosion litigation.
Mr. Farina is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute. He is also a member of The Gavel, a nationwide network of vetted law firms and specialist members, and is an active member of the subcommittee on Commercial Transportation.
When not practicing law, Mr. Farina enjoys sailing and is a sports enthusiast. He enjoys competing in Triathlons; a three time Ironman (Madison Wisconsin 2011 and 2016, and Whistler Canada 2014). In his younger days, he played Rugby for SUNY Plattsburgh and later the Chicago Lions in Chicago, Illinois.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL, J.D.
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh, B.S., Summa Cum Laude.
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Co-presented General Session entitled “Human Factors in Trucking Litigation,” The Gavel National Conference VI, Palm Beach, Florida, January 17-19, 2022.
- Co-presented a webinar on the topic of “Biomechanical Lingo” that explained why biomechanical experts are necessary in certain cases, when to retain the experts, how to use the testimony, and how to preserve evidence even when it is not known if a biomechanical expert is needed, December 8, 2020 and October 28, 2020.
- Co-presented a webinar entitled “Trucking Potpourri” to Carolina Casualty, December 4, 2020.