Fax | (312) 332-8451
David Kravitz has the rare distinction of being both an insurance coverage attorney and a seasoned trial attorney. Mr. Kravitz is an equity partner who has represented clients in a wide array of substantive insurance coverage matters, including: environmental claims, construction injury, construction defect, additional insured endorsements, excess insurance, automobile accident claims (including such issues as permissive use and UM/UIM stacking), primary-excess disputes, first-party property insurance, professional liability, products liability, EPLI and public entity liability.
Mr. Kravitz also has extensive trial experience in state and federal courts. He has tried dozens of jury trials to verdict and has litigated cases in the most difficult jurisdictions for defendants including Cook County, Illinois, Madison County, Illinois, Cameron County, Texas and Jefferson County, Kentucky. Mr. Kravitz was recognized by the DRI for a “not guilty” verdict he received in a traumatic brain injury case he tried in Brownsville, Texas which was listed as the Verdictsearch.com “Verdict of the Week” and was a noted verdict in the DRI publication, “The Voice.” Mr. Kravitz is involved in all aspects of litigation and trial of a wide variety of civil liability disputes. He has tried dozens of mandatory, binding, and contractual arbitrations in front of the American Arbitration Association, ADR Systems of America and JAMS and has litigated complex commercial cases, wrongful death actions, and catastrophic injury cases. He received his juris doctorate from the Chicago-Kent College of Law.
- Illinois State Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Trial Bar of the United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Pro Hac Vice Admissions: California, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL, J.D.
- Dean’s Honor List
- University of Wisconsin at Madison, B.A.
- Trial of over 20 jury cases to verdict in contract dispute, products liability, business interruption, vehicular, fire and premises cases.
- Defended dozens of arbitrations before American Arbitration Association, ADR Systems of America and JAMS/Endispute.
- Not guilty verdict representing defendant homeowner’s association in premises/general liability traumatic brain injury case tried in Brownsville, Texas. The plaintiff asked the jury for $9.6 million. This verdict was listed as the Verdictsearch.com “Verdict of the Week” and was also a noted verdict in “And the Defense Wins!” in the DRI publication, “The Voice.”
- Appellate victory in Illinois First District Appellate Court involving a multi-million-dollar insurance coverage dispute.
- Not guilty verdict representing defendant commercial property owner and manager in premises liability case tried in Cook County, Illinois in which the plaintiff sustained multiple cervical disc herniations resulting in multi-level fusions. The plaintiff asked the jury for $1.8 million.
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association